- Center for Industrial Research and Service (CIRAS) can provide Iowa manufacturers with educational seminars and technical assistance. This includes a wide range of services such as:
- Cash flow and proforma projects
- Biobased product assessment
- Business continuity planning
- Feasibility studies
- Job shop costing
- Supply chain management
- Succession planning
- Energy efficiency audits
- Finite-element analysis
- Lean Implementation
- Plant layout simulation
- ISO 9001:2008
- Technology commercialization
- Institute for Physical Research and Technology (IPRT) can provide short term technical assistance on materials problems and access to the materials preparation center in the Ames Laboratory.
- Iowa Manufacturing Extension Program (IMEP) is a service managed by CIRAS that provided small and medium size manufacturers with technical expertise and services in the areas of process improvements, worker training, business practices and information technology. Services are customized for each manufacturer.
Small Business Resources
- SCORE Business Counseling can provide free mentoring and counseling from experienced and retired business executives.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) can provide one-on-one counseling, workshops, classes, online assistance and connections to service providers, sources of capital and an index of federal, state and local resources. There is an SBDC office in Fort Dodge, IA about 23 miles from Webster City. SBDC also provides services out of the Webster City Iowa State University Extension one time per week.
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STRR) are programs through Iowa State University that provide qualified small businesses with opportunities to propose innovative research and development programs that meeting specific federal needs.
- MyEntre.net is Iowa's online community for entrepreneurs and small businesses with a library of resources for small businesses, links to financial incentives and expert advice through blogs, chats and webinars.
Permitting & Paperwork
- Iowa Area Development Group (IADG) provides economic development services for members of Iowa's power cooperatives, including Webster City Municipal Utilities.
- Mid Iowa Growth Partnership (MIGP) is the marketing and economic development group for a nine county area that includes Webster City.
- Hamilton County page provides information for Hamilton County, including county services, property sales and tax information, GIS services and more.
- Iowa Access is the official website for the State of Iowa.
- Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA) website provides information on state economic development services, including financial assistance, access to an available property and building database, technical assistance resources and more.
- Iowa Department of Transportation (IDOT)
- Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) provides employment services, workforce data and employment law information.
- Iowa Economy provides workforce development news and trends for the state or local level.