Call Us Home
Whether you desire a restored home from the turn of the century or a custom home on a newly platted lot, Webster City has a diverse housing stock. In 2014 the average sales price for a house was $89,275. Webster City offers tremendous opportunities for home ownership.
Why Webster City
There are many benefits to living in Webster City, including:
- An excellent school district with high attendance and graduation rates.
- School test scores consistently above state averages at all levels.
- A crime rate significantly lower than the statewide average and less than any nearby city of similar or larger population.
- A fully endowed, free public library that is open to all residents and offers programs for families and kids.
- An endowed public recreation center with many activities for kids, including game room, gym, swimming pool and more.
- More than seven miles of recreational trails to walk, ride, run or skate.
- A cost of living that is only 85% of the national average.
- Numerous activities for families throughout the year.
There are many financial assitance programs that can benefit homebuyers. However, the City of Webster City is more progressive than most, offering two local opportunities for assistance:
The First Time Home Buyer Down Payment Assistance Program offers eligible applicants up to 10% of their conventional loan up to a maximum of $7,000.00. Applicants must be a first time homebuyer, the home must be in the corporate city limits of Webster City, and the loan must be through a local financial institution. Income caps for the program are 80% of the median income for Hamilton County for the current year.
The Owner Occupied Rehabilitation Program offers applicants up to a maximum loan of $20,000.00 to rehabilitate their home to meet Section 8 housing quality standards. Requirements for eligibility state that the home must be within the corporate city limits of Webster City, the home must be owner occupied, and the household income must be at 80% of the county median income.
Both programs come with ten year terms, 2.5% interest and a requirement for monthly payments. For more information, please contact the Karla Wetzler at the City of Webster City at 515-832-9151.