Stay and Play in Webster City
Whether you want to play or train, Webster City's recreational opportunities are endless. Enjoy one of our eleven parks, three golf courses, two swimming pools, recreation center, seven miles of trails, or many camping areas.
Webster City's numerous parks provide opportunities for picnics, exercise, or play time with the kids. The following is a listing and brief description of each park:
- Kendall Young Park is a beautiful scenic park along the Boone River with 4 shelter houses, 6 picnic areas, a baseball diamond, 2 shuffle board courts, a volleyball court, horseshoe pit, playground, walking trail and fishing area.
- Twin Parks are located in downtown Webster City and feature a new shelter house, picnic tables, modern playground, sun shelter, 4 tennis courts and a skatepark.
- Nokomis Park features a shelter house, playground and canoe access point.
- Middleton Sports Complex has 2 softball fields and a newly designed ice rink for winter fun.
- Lions Park includes a play area, picnic area and basketball court.
- Riverside Park Campground is located off East Second Street and accommodates campers. It features indoor restrooms, showers, electrical hook-ups, dumping stations, canoe access and playground equipment. Availability is first come, first serve.
- Brewer Creek Park is open year round and includes a shelter house with picnic tables along Brewer Creek. Brewer Creek is home to a 2.2 mile nature/walking trail, volleyball court and nine hole frisbee golf course. It also hosts sledding enthusiast in the winter that take advantage of "hospital hill."
- Sketchly Park features a picnic area and playground.
- E.V. Wehrhelm Park is a neighborhood park with play equipment and a shelter.
- Boone River Recreational Trail is a 5.7 mile trail from Webster City Country Club in the north part of the city limits to Briggs Woods Park in the south of the city limits. The trail winds along the Boone River and features a 10 foot wide concrete pathway for biking, walking, running or rollerblading.
- Briggs Woods Park is a 550 acre park with an 18 hole championship golf course, 81 campsites, 3 shelters, 4 cabins and a 62 acre lake for fishing, boating and swimming.
- Webster City Municipal Swimming Pool is an outdoor pool with a zero depth entrance, 25m lap lanes, diving well with high and low diving boards, and a new waterslide.
Webster City's premiere indoor recreation facility is the Fuller Hall Recreation Center. Endowed and managed by the Fuller Hall Trust, the Recreation Center has affordable activities for adults, kids and families. The center features a swimming pool with 25m lap lanes, a new fitness room, a game room with pool tables, television lounge, basketball court, locker rooms, two racquetball courts and conference facility.
Webster City has two golf courses to meet the skill levels of all golfers.
- Briggs Woods Golf Course is an 18 hole championship golf course with substantial changes in terrain that challenge the most skilled golfers.
- Webster City Links is a nine hole golf course along the Boone River with scenic river vistas.
More About Webster City
Visit Webster City, Iowa's website to learn more about all that Webster City has to offer.