A Place to Work & Live
Webster City, Iowa is a small city with plenty of opportunity for you and your small business dreams. Just as important, we're where you've dreamed about raising a family of your own. We're not just a place to earn a livelihood, we're a community where you'll gain a lifestyle.
We're proud of our community and we hope you'll join us soon. In the meantime, please follow us on twitter for our updates on what we're doing for small business entrepreneurs like you. Or tweet our information to your friends and peers.
What We Offer
1. Affordable Spaces. In Webster City you'll find quiet, affordable spaces to lease for your business. Typical lease rates range between $6 and $9 per square foot per year triple net. Look for space.
2. Affordable Living. Webster City has a low cost of living that's 15% below the national average. Here you'll find that affordable housing and lower insurance costs are some of the places you'll save over other communities. Learn more.
3. Business Technology Infrastructure. Webster City has the communications infrastructure to support the high speed data needs of technology driven companies. We have multiple telecommunications providers serving our community (Century Link, Woolstock Mutual, Windstream, Verizon, Mediacom) and we can offer access to a municipal fiber optic loop (60 pr). Existing data speeds available range from 5 mbps to 24 mbps with higher speeds available on a project by project basis. So whether you work from home or set up shop on our main street, you'll be connected to a world of opportunities.
4. Education for All Ages. From free three year old pre-school to exceptional K-12 education to locally accessible higher and continuing education offerings, Webster City supports a lifetime of learning. We offer a mix of public and private grade schools and we're home to a branch campus of Iowa Central Community College. Learn more about education. And, did we mention we have a fully-endowed free public library with many events and activities to entertain and educate your family and you.
5. Urban Amenities in a Rural Setting. We may be a small town, but we always have a full calendar of activities. Learn more about living in Webster City. Here are just a few of the amenities and activities we offer for you and your family:
6. Financial Assistance. We know that starting a business is no easy venture. That's why Webster City offers financial incentives for new businesses that create jobs. This includes a new Micro Enterprise Loan Program, offering low interest loans to qualified small businesses and start-ups in a high technology field. Contact us for more information.
7. Technical Assistance. Through our regional partnerships, our community can offer you technical assistance and business services at little to no cost. From business planning to marketing analysis, it's available here. Learn more about these resources and services.